Healthy banana French toast :) when I have a morning off work, I’m all over making this. And at around 150 calories a slice, it’s all good!
- slice of whole meal bread
- an egg white with a small touch of the yolk in it (for the vitamins!)
- half a teaspoon of cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg
- two teaspoons of stevia or whatever sweetener you like
- two tablespoons of soy milk
- half a banana
Mix the egg, milk, spices and sweetener in a bowl, and soak the bread in this for ten minutes.
Place bread on hot pan lined with low cal spray, and while one side cooks, thinly slice the banana on the other side and spoon whatever’s left of the egg mixture over the banana. Flip the bread, and cook until the banana starts to caramelise.
Top with whatever you like- I used raspberries, flaked almonds and a taste of maple syrup.